how to add ST-link support in WICED

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
paPr_4835046
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i am try to test LBEE5KL1DX (https://wireless.murata.com/type-1dx.html ) using stm32F429ZI NUCLEO board.

we notice NEB1DX-02 (https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/development-tools--development-tool-hardware/neb1dx-02-future-el...  ) has same stm32F429ZI  chip with LBEE5KL1DX wifi+BT  module

so i am try to test LBEE5KL1DX with my nucleo-F429ZI ("https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-f429zi.html ") using WICED studio

i am use NEB1DX-02 firmware,

i am try to download NEB1DX-02 example into nucleo-F429ZI

i am use "scan" example of NEB1DX-02.

i am update directly "scan" example's  ".bin" file using ST-LINK but its not working

so i am try to add ST-LINK support in WICED​ using this ​​ link (Adding ST-Link support in WICED  )

but it will generate  error like

Merge all bin files into a single bin for MSD upload

Downloading Bootloader ...

build\waf.bootloader-NoOS-NEB1DX_02\binary\waf.bootloader-NoOS-NEB1DX_02_PAD.bin

build\NABULA.scan2-NEB1DX_02\DCT.bin_PAD.bin

build\NABULA.scan2-NEB1DX_02\binary\NABULA.scan2-NEB1DX_02.bin

1 file(s) copied.

Location: build/NABULA.scan2-NEB1DX_02/binary/NABULA.scan2-NEB1DX_02.bin_MSD.bin

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading DCT ...

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading Application ...

Resetting target

tools/makefiles/standard_platform_targets.mk:226: recipe for target 'run' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [run] Error 1

Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

please suggest me way to test LBEE5KL1DX using nucleo-F429ZI.

my only goal is to test LBEE5KL1DX

with WICAD studio or without WICAD studio

with nucleo-F429ZI or nucleo-F429ZI

All suggestion are welcome

thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

You were getting OpenOCD error. And from the logs, we can know the download procedures all failed.

So I would suggest you start by looking into the driver/bridge problems that hold you from downloading the firmware.

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

You were getting OpenOCD error. And from the logs, we can know the download procedures all failed.

So I would suggest you start by looking into the driver/bridge problems that hold you from downloading the firmware.

Best regards

0 Likes