how many packets can sent to buffer?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello all

I want to test the BCM943362WCD4_EVB TCP transmit throughput

I used this wiced_tcp_send_buffer() function,and set the packet size of 1024byte

how many packets can sent to buffer for once call wiced_rtos_register_timed_event()?

thx

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on the OS and network stack you use. Also the number of packet buffers is a makefile parameter and usually set to 8 or 10. This depends on the MCU memory that you want to allocate to network packets for TX and RX

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on the OS and network stack you use. Also the number of packet buffers is a makefile parameter and usually set to 8 or 10. This depends on the MCU memory that you want to allocate to network packets for TX and RX

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank nsankar

I use TCP to sent and create a socket per transmission.., then delete the socket.

Can I transmit more than one package by creating just one socket? in the BCM943362WCD4_EVB

How can I do?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need to close or delete the socket

You can open a socket and send as many packets through it as you want

That is how TCP works

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank for nsankar

I have solve the problem.

I have another question. How to check how many space in the buffer I can use to put the packet in ?

Does there exist any function to use?

thank.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please look at the tcp_client snip application

It shows you how to allocate a TCP packet of a particular size and then fill it with data and send it

You can control the packet size you request

Though keep in mind that greater than MTU size will cause TCP fragmentation

And the system might not have enough memory to allocate very large packet sizes

So you need to experiment with this to fit your requirements