flash and ram size after compilation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BaT_3785171
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I compiled demo example provided in 43xxx_Wi-Fi project.

command used is snip.scan-MurataType1LD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-SDIO-debug download.

Flash size is 178984 bytes and ram is 48932 bytes.

I compiled demo example added by me in 43xxx_Wi-Fi project.

command used is ltk_sample_app_wiced_gcc-MurataType1LD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-SDIO-debug download.

Flash size is 0 bytes and ram is 65496 bytes .

Why Flash size is shown as 0 bytes??

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

The flash size shown here is the internal flash size. If your entire application is stored in external flash, the flash size will be shown zero.

Can you please copy the scan application in the same location where you have created your own application and build it for BCM943438WCD1 platform?

ex: snip.scan-BCM943438WCD1

P.S. (download flag is not required for compiling)

1. The flash size shown here is the internal flash size. If your entire application is stored in external flash, the flash size will be shown zero.

I am compiling code for MurataType1LD board.

There is no external flash here.(See below image )

But after compilation flash size is shown as zero bytes.

pastedImage_1.png

1. Can you please copy the scan application in the same location where you have created your own application and build it for BCM943438WCD1 platform?

I tried this and flash size is ok after compilation as shown below.

pastedImage_11.png

0 Likes

Can you please attach the platform files for MurataType1LD?(Use advanced editor to attach the zip file of your platform) You are seeing the correct map for BCM43438 but not for your platform hence there is no problem with the map_parser file.

Platform files for MurataType1LD are not to be shared in public forums.(if am not wrong).

Thanks for giving me a hint.

I got latest platform files from murata now. I will check for the issue with those latest ones.

and i mark this question as assumed answer.

0 Likes