fix debug configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StSm_298421
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

How do fix the debug configuration in Eclipse?

I am trying to debug an app on the BCM943362WCD4. I try to follow the instructions in the quick start guide section 4.3, "debug an application", but there is snip/ping directory. Instead I'm using the snip/scan target.

Step 4 says:

1. Click the green bug icon on the WICED IDE toolbar (or press F11 on Windows® systems). The debugger starts.

But when  I click the icon, I get an alert titled "Unable to Launch" which says "the selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches". Searching the web for this string tells me I should click the tiny dropdown next to the bug and create a new configuration. I have no idea how. Should it be a "GDB hardware debugging configuration" and what should it look like? I tried making one but it had unspecified "errors".

Another web search indicated that I should simply append "debug" to the target build string. I tried this too, so my target name looks like this:

"snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4-debug download debug".

This seems to do something useful, but it looks like the debugger quits very soon after launch:

Reading symbols from /Applications/WICED/WICED-SDK-2.4.0/build/snip_scan-BCM943362WCD4-debug/Binary/snip_scan-BCM943362WCD4-debug.elf...done.

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.7.0-dev-00227-g86900a5-dirty (2013-04-16-14:43)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

0x08000400 in ?? ()

(gdb) quit

A debugging session is active.

Inferior 1 [Remote target] will be detached.

Quit anyway? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]

Ending remote debugging.

How can I get debugging to work?

thanks, Stuart

0 Likes
3 Replies