Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Wi-Fi Combo Forum Discussions

SaSh_4649506
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi all,

I want to know and understand how to enable the in-built micro-ecc in WICED Studio. I can see that WICED offers micro-ecc feature located in folder: 43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\security\BESL\crypto_internal\micro-ecc.

Kindly suggest how to turn on this feature to be able to use it in the file: "wiced_ota2_image.c" located in folder: 43xxx_Wi-Fi\libraries\filesystems\ota2

0 Likes
1 Solution
AditiB_81
5 questions asked 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi,

You can enable the uECC (micro-ecc) in WICED Studio by enabling the macro WICED_CONFIG_ENABLE_MBEDTLS_ECC_ALT in config.h file .

Location : 43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\security\BESL\mbedtls_open\include\mbedtls\config.h .

This macro will invoke uECC functions for ECC crypto operations.

Also, which elliptic curve have you planned to use in your application?

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AditiB_81
5 questions asked 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi,

You can enable the uECC (micro-ecc) in WICED Studio by enabling the macro WICED_CONFIG_ENABLE_MBEDTLS_ECC_ALT in config.h file .

Location : 43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\security\BESL\mbedtls_open\include\mbedtls\config.h .

This macro will invoke uECC functions for ECC crypto operations.

Also, which elliptic curve have you planned to use in your application?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi AditiB_81​,

I am planning on using SECP256R1-ECDSA algorithm.

More suggestions will be appreciated from your end.

0 Likes

Hi AditiB_81​,

How can I integrate this internal micro-ecc with the bootloader code to be able to verify the signature using SECP256R1-ECDSA algorithm?

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you specify what exactly you want to verify? What bootloader code are you referring to? Is it your custom bootloader or waf.bootloader or waf.ota2_bootloader?

Thanks

What did I do to enable inbuilt uECC?

1. Defined the WICED_CONFIG_ENABLE_MBEDTLS_ECC_ALT in the location: 43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\security\BESL\mbedtls_open\include\mbedtls\config.h.

2. In the Make file: ota2_bootloader.mk, added a line : GLOBAL_INCLUDES  += ..\..\..\WICED\security\BESL\mbedtls_open\include\mbedtls. Did this change in the Make file so that I can include "uECC.h"  in waf\ota2_bootloader\ota2_bootloader.c.

SHA256 library used was imported from GitHub and modified. Currently working towards enabling the internal SHA256 library and modifying accordingly for the same purpose.