dns.h not found error in wwd ping example code on FreeRTOS LwIP build

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
user_4252696
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Context is this thread I created earlier Can I send frames directly to an lwIP interface on a CYW43340?

When I compile 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/wwd/ping with FreeRTOS and LwIP it does so without any error messages. I want to use this code as a starting point for my project, so I coppied it to a different folder so it's now under 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/c4/lwiptest. I get the following errors when I try to compile it.

Compiling WWD_LwIP_Interface_FreeRTOS

Compiling WICED_LwIP_Interface

WICED/network/LwIP/WICED/tcpip.c:49:10: fatal error: dns.h: No such file or directory

#include "dns.h"

^~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

tools/makefiles/wiced_elf.mk:232: recipe for target 'build/c4.lwiptest-ISM43340_M4G_L44-FreeRTOS-LwIP/Modules/./WICED/network/LwIP/WICED/tcpip.o' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [build/c4.lwiptest-ISM43340_M4G_L44-FreeRTOS-LwIP/Modules/./WICED/network/LwIP/WICED/tcpip.o] Error 1

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

WICED/network/LwIP/WICED/wiced_network.c:55:10: fatal error: dns.h: No such file or directory

#include "dns.h"

^~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

tools/makefiles/wiced_elf.mk:232: recipe for target 'build/c4.lwiptest-ISM43340_M4G_L44-FreeRTOS-LwIP/Modules/./WICED/network/LwIP/WICED/wiced_network.o' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [build/c4.lwiptest-ISM43340_M4G_L44-FreeRTOS-LwIP/Modules/./WICED/network/LwIP/WICED/wiced_network.o] Error 1

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

18:41:23 Build Finished (took 18s.348ms)

I haven't changed anything to the code besides the filename, and the makefile with the correct filename.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I've attached the platform files for the ISM43340_M4G_L44. These are meant for development on Windows. I had a similar issue with the NoOS_canned_send example when copying it in a different folder. My current work around is to write my code in the example folder.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Can you attach the platform files for ISM43340_M4G_L44 for us to reproduce the issue?

0 Likes

I've attached the platform files for the ISM43340_M4G_L44. These are meant for development on Windows. I had a similar issue with the NoOS_canned_send example when copying it in a different folder. My current work around is to write my code in the example folder.

Thanks for sharing your workaround. These examples were not originally written for this platform. So, you are very likely to come across similar issues when running the wwd examples for your platform.

0 Likes