available modules for CYW43907

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ritu_2178811
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello,

I have been checking the available modules and it seems that for a reliable OTA / OTA2 process, the only alternative is CYW43907 based modules.

I have checked the module purchase guide but wasn't able to find a CYW43907 module that I can order online.

There is CYW943907AEVAL1F  but it's the development kit.

Do you guys have any info regarding this?

thanks

rifo

0 Likes
1 Solution
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the answers. I am actually looking for a module that uses the CYW43907 (with the rf circuitry, serial flash, possibly pcb antennas)

Something like AES-BCM4343W-M1-G from Avnet but with CYM43907 instead of STM uC.

I might be wrong but as far as I understand I didn't come across such a module in the links that you've kindly posted.

IMP breakout module is somewhat closer but I don't want the connectors and the board is not suitable for using as an add on board

IMP005-BREAKOUT Murata Electronics North America | RF/IF and RFID | DigiKey

0 Likes

Any of the first 4 certified modules would be equivalent.

To get started, you would need to first purchase a development board from either the partner or CY.

You would then develop on the development board and migrate to the module in production.

The CYW943907 EVK is supported by default in the SDK,  but EVKs for the others are also supported if you reach out to the partner (they will point you to where the platform files can be downloaded).

Partners like Inventek even provide a higher level SW package which lowers the barriers to entry and speeds time to market: eS-WiFi Support | IWIN "AT Commands for IoT"

0 Likes

hello,

I may be wrong but I don't think they will be equivalent. I am trying to avoid the hardware development and prototype building and even if I do these, my BOM and production costs will be more expensive than a module from Avnet, Murata ...

thanks

rifo

0 Likes
AxLi_1746341
Level 7
Level 7
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

riforifo wrote:

Hello,

I have been checking the available modules and it seems that for a reliable OTA / OTA2 process, the only alternative is CYW43907 based modules.

So you want OTA or OTA2?

OTA2 only works for CYW43907.

If you want to use OTA, there are a lot options.

0 Likes

Cypress recommeds OTA2 so I guess I should prefer it but since I can't find a suitable module with CYW43907, I will use OTA then.

I consider using AES-BCM4343W-M1-G  but I was told that OTA is available depending on the application size, if the application is too big then you can't update it.

Can you please make a recommendation? Which module are you using / prefer to use?

thanks

rifo

0 Likes

I think OTA or OTA2 is not the main/good reason to choose a module.

You even can implement your own firmware update mechanism.

You should check what kind of application/features/performance do you need on the target module first.

i.e. It mainly depends on your application.

I understand.

Thanks for the new perspective. Do you also use your own firmware update mechansim ?

0 Likes