automatic update with ota

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ritu_2178811
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

I have been reading the discussions on the forum about OTA and OTA2 updates.

If I am not wrong, OTA2  is currently not available for BCM94343W

OTA example in snip folder makes use of a web server where the user picks the new firmware image.

Are there also examples for automatic updates (WITH OTA) where the app connects to a server and downloads the image automatically?

OTA2 example works like that but it's unfortunately not available for BCM94343W.

thanks

rifo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello folks,

the problem was faulty hardware. Tried a new board and both Ota_fr and tftp snip examles work now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Find similar trial ftp example.

0 Likes

Hello darius1

thanks a lot for the heads up. I setup a tftp client on my PC and tried the example. The connection is fine but I got below error  from

wiced_result_t snip_tftp_write( tftp_t* tftp, uint8_t* data, void* p_user ) function.  I will try to find the problem.

Error Writing

Writing size 512 from offset 102912 [0xfd]

Error Writing

0 Likes

Hello folks,

the problem was faulty hardware. Tried a new board and both Ota_fr and tftp snip examles work now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you can test your ota_fr or tftp with bigger in size firmware file? New firmware must bigger >=4096 bytes.

Do you can it test 10 times (always need increase new firmware size >=4096)?

This not simple test. Maybe need do in code an used data array and increase it size 4096 and compile 10 times. Then you give 10 firmware files, each bigger. Now you can do firmware upgrade test 10 times. Need begun from smallest file .... to biggest.