Wiced Bluetooth API document

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Where can i find document on functions related to wiced Bluetooth?

For example: I would like to get more information on all the functions with prefix "wiced_bt_"

Also, on various Bluetooth events i want to get more information.

Thanks in Advance,

Sindhu

0 Likes
8 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Moving this one and the others to the WICED Wi-Fi Forums​ as the combo devices are currently supported within the WICED Wi-Fi SDK, not the WICED Smart SDK.

Maybe someone on gangi​ applications team can respond.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sindhu,

Please take a look at the API documentation we have included in the SDK (WICED_SDK/doc/API/API.html) and come back to us again if additional information is needed.

Regards

Dave

0 Likes

I agree with David that referencing ~WICED_SDK/doc/API/API.html is the front-end for the SDK API documentation. However, the content seems very fundamental.  Ultimately, the best vehicle to learn the APIs seems to be via browsing the source code for the snips/demo/manufacturing samples.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi santol​ and david_armour

I did have a look at the page you have specified (WICED™ v3.5.2 - API Reference Guide).

But here there are no details on BT(bluetooth) related APIs.

Yes, there are details on Wi-fi related, but not BT related.

I am more interested on the BT part.

Regards,

Sindhu

0 Likes

sindhusondur​ presently we are working on porting the bluetooth stack and making sure those are taken care, we should start documentation soon. Presently your best option is the header files.

You can look for those here

pastedImage_0.png

Under libraries->drivers

Let us know if you are looking for any particular functionality and need api help for those

hth

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation and please do let me know when the BT documentation will be available.

In the mean time, i have 2 doubts (and i was expecting that i could find some information on these in any kind of document): anyway is it possible to please clarify?

1. In wiced_bt_dev.h, i see a function called as "wiced_result_t wiced_bt_dev_write_local_addr (wiced_bt_device_address_t bd_addr)". I want to use this function to change the bd_addr of the device.

However when i use the same, i am getting an error saying that there is no definition for this API. Is this right? Can you please confirm if i can use this API? if yes, is there any extra header files that i need to include?

2. In the call back funtion of BT, where we check for events, i see an event called as 'BTM_POWER_MANAGEMENT_STATUS_EVT'.

I wanted more information on this event:

• how is this event generated?
  • why is this event generated?
  • How frequently is this generated?
  • Is there a way to disable / slow down this event ?

Thanks,

Sindhu

0 Likes

nsankarkausikprejithpdharam

sindhusondur​ sure will let you know once we have this.

1) Since the bd address is OTP'd on couple of our modules,trying to change bd address will not work. On our dev kits you can try this. Just to confirm which WICED platform you are using?

You can use the snip->bluetooth->ble_hello_sensor application and modify the below

Modify the below lines in the bt_config_dct.h

#define WICED_BLUETOOTH_DEVICE_NAME    "Wiced Combo Audio"

#define WICED_BLUETOOTH_DEVICE_ADDRESS "\x11\x22\x33\xAA\xBB\xCC"

and try the below snippet

platform_dct_bt_config_t* dct_bt_config;

wiced_dct_read_lock( (void**) &dct_bt_config, WICED_TRUE, DCT_BT_CONFIG_SECTION, 0, sizeof(platform_dct_bt_config_t) );

WPRINT_APP_INFO( ("WICED DCT BT ADDR 0x%x:0x%x:0x%x:0x%x:0x%x:0x%x \r\n",

dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_address[0], dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_address[1],

dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_address[2], dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_address[3],

dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_address[4], dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_address[5]) );

wiced_bt_set_local_bdaddr ( dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_address );

2)BTM_POWER_MANAGEMENT_STATUS_EVT this gets triggered when sniff mode changes from regular ACL mode or normal ACL mode.

How frequently its called and when/why is generated this depends on the the application use case. I can dig into the details of disabling this or slowing down.

HTH

vik86

Anonymous
Not applicable

vik86

Thanks for information on point number 1(bluetooth address)

However as you have mentioned from the previous post,

2)BTM_POWER_MANAGEMENT_STATUS_EVT this gets triggered when sniff mode changes from regular ACL mode or normal ACL mode.

How frequently its called and when/why is generated this depends on the the application use case. I can dig into the details of disabling this or slowing down.

Can you please get more information on this particular event?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Sindhu

0 Likes