Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

i need some help to create a packet transfer test on WiFi (2.4Ghz and 5GHz), between two same board with mounted chip BCM943907.

The test involves using a board as an access point and the other connected as a client, then the first (AP) start to sending a predefined number of packets, for example 100,  to the second board (STA). At the end of this transmission i need to have the statistics of the data sent and received.

To do this application i read some post and document related to use the WL Tool for interfacing directly with the wireless driver.

I'm working with WICED-Studio 6.0.1, in which there is the WL tools, some sample scripts and the "mfg_test" application to be loaded into the module.

Through the command "pkteng_start" it is possible to enable the transmission and reception of data packets, but the problem is that I can not connect the two WiFi modules to each other and be sure that the one that transmits one arrives to the other.

I tryed using the two script presents in the WICED directory, adding the correct MAC address to the "pkteng_start" command.

- "tx_80211b_start.bat" used for transmit packet

- "rx_80211.bat" used for receive packet

At the end of transmission i sent the command "pkteng_stats" for read statistics, but the result is non sense.

Thasks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can consider using ping command to test packet transfer with predefined number of packets. You can set up one device as softAP using command console. The other device would be STA. The STA would join the softAP and then it would ping the AP with fixed number of packets. See this blog post https://community.cypress.com/community/wiced-wifi/wiced-wifi-forums/blog/2014/06/04/using-softap-an... for more details on setting up softAP and using join command. At the end of ping, the ping statistics will be shown containing the number of packets transmitted, received, packet loss and round trip ping time. The ping format is ping <destination> [-i <interval in ms>] [-n <number>] [-l <length>] where:

<destination> is the destination IP address of the softAP

<number> is the number of packets

<length> is the payload size

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can consider using ping command to test packet transfer with predefined number of packets. You can set up one device as softAP using command console. The other device would be STA. The STA would join the softAP and then it would ping the AP with fixed number of packets. See this blog post https://community.cypress.com/community/wiced-wifi/wiced-wifi-forums/blog/2014/06/04/using-softap-an... for more details on setting up softAP and using join command. At the end of ping, the ping statistics will be shown containing the number of packets transmitted, received, packet loss and round trip ping time. The ping format is ping <destination> [-i <interval in ms>] [-n <number>] [-l <length>] where:

<destination> is the destination IP address of the softAP

<number> is the number of packets

<length> is the payload size

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi grsr,

and thanks for the reply.

I tried the command and it works correctly, although I would need to have the statistics of the packets received also on the receiver (AP).

Thank you.

0 Likes