WiCED code or application note for provisioning a new Wi-Fi device to a WiFi network

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ErZo_4003261
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi All,

My customer is considering to use 43907 in device which has no user interface. Other chipset vendor had their own implementation for  provisioning a new Wi-Fi device to a WiFi network. Some uses mobile app to broadcast the network credentials from a smartphone, or a tablet, to an un-provisioned Wi-Fi device, and the device sniffer special packets from the air that containing SSID and password of target AP.

I would like to know if Cypress has similar implementation. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Look for the demo wifi_onboarding inside WICED Studio. And take a look at the doc naming WICED-WiFi-Onboarding.pdf (Doc. No.: 002-20920).

The Wi-Fi Onboarding application is a reliable, secure, and easy-to-use onboarding tool meant to provision standalone WICED Wi-Fi devices. There are two components, an app running on the WICED device, and a peer application running on an iOS device.

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Look for the demo wifi_onboarding inside WICED Studio. And take a look at the doc naming WICED-WiFi-Onboarding.pdf (Doc. No.: 002-20920).

The Wi-Fi Onboarding application is a reliable, secure, and easy-to-use onboarding tool meant to provision standalone WICED Wi-Fi devices. There are two components, an app running on the WICED device, and a peer application running on an iOS device.

Best regards

0 Likes
mineronarrow
Level 2
Level 2
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the pointers. I will look into it.

0 Likes