Wi-fi audio streaming solution

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
save_3366371
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hello,

I have two CYW943907EVAL1F boards. I need to stream audio through wifi. I'm naive with this development board and with WICED studio. I ran through the WICED WIFI 101 tutorials to get familiar with the board and the IDE. So not sure where to start for designing this project. I really appreciate if someone can please help me with this or even put me in the right direction for designing this project.

Thanks,

Santosh

1 Solution

Hi Santosh,

The CYW943907WAE4 is an audio specific board. The Schematics for which are available in the platform folder for that board.
There are a couple of differences between the WAE4 & EVAL1F board as far as audio is concerned.

1) The WAE4 board has an On board Audio Codec, that can connect to a Mic / Headphones. The EVAL1F does not have a codec.

2) WAE4 uses a module which has WiFi (CYW439070) + BT (CWY20707) Integrated in a single module allowing your application to decide which medium you want to use. EVAL1F has only CYW43907 in a module form. So code porting should not be an issue.

For your application the EVAL1F board should be fine, you would need to connect an external Codec (for e.g. Codec Shield - DEV-11290 - SparkFun Electronics ). For the connections you can refer the WAE4 schematics. Typically the Codec's need some configuration over an I2C interface to set up the Audio interface parameters. This configuration is specific to each Codec. This is a section of code you might have to modify.

The WICED Debug board is a custom external debug board. The EVAL1F board already has this USB based Program & Debug circuit on board. WAE4 does not have this on board. 

Hope this clarifies some of your questions.

Winston

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

10 Replies