Wi-Fi Tx Power

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ecbg
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First solution authored

Hello,

I'm using CYW954907AEVAL1F board.

I'm looking foir a register enabling the programmation of  the Wi-Fi Tx Power. I do not find this register in the documentation.

Is it possible?

Best regards

ecgb

0 Likes
4 Replies
YashM
50 solutions authored First question asked 250 sign-ins

Hi 

Do you want to change the Tx Power of the device?

If yes, then you cannot change it via any register.

The device incorporates a file named "43909B0.clm_blob" (file location - C:\Users\<name>\WICED-Studio-6.x\43xxx_Wi-Fi\resources\firmware\43909) that contains all the regulatory information (power numbers for all the countries).

One cannot change the file information. However, using the "wl txpwr1" command, one can override the power number for Wi-Fi regulatory certification (conducted by the test house). This is to be done very carefully since if a wrong number is over-ridden then it might violate a country's regulatory rules.

Hence, it is not recommended to change the Wi-Fi Tx power setting. 

May I know the application that needs you to change the Tx power?

Thanks

0 Likes
ecbg
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I would like to change the power to decrease it in close communication. The goal is not to save consumption.

The function  wwd_wifi_set_tx_power( value) seems to enalbe the power control. Value need to be >=0. Is it ok?

Best regards

0 Likes
ecbg
Level 2
Level 2

The goal is to save consumption

0 Likes
YashM
50 solutions authored First question asked 250 sign-ins

Hi

The above API will work only with mfg-test firmware.

Also, you can use the power-save mechanism to save power consumption.

You can refer to the following app note for power-save -> /43xxx_Wi-Fi/doc/WICED-Powersave-App-Note.pdf

Thanks

0 Likes