Where do I find documentation on sdpcm commands for BCM 4331?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm frequently having trouble connecting even in a fairly interference free lab environment. I'm using WICED 3.41 with the ISM43341 processor which uses the BCM4331 broadcom chips. Eventually I usually do connect, but I frequently see several failed attempts even in a nearly ideal environment. In an environment with lots of microwave interference, my system loses connectivity so often that it is constantly trying to reconnect.

I am trying to find documentation on the sdpcm commands to see if there a better way to configure WiFi connectivity so that I can acheive more reliable connectivity. Specifically I want to look into networks with more than one access point and have my STA mode device select the best access point. Where do I find documentaion on sdpcm WiFi commands for the BCM 4331 chips?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We do not support sdpcm commands (there are no APIs for it). However, we do support WL commands. You can see those commands in the "mfg_test" app.

In order to see the commands and documentation, type "wl -h" in your command prompt.

Thanks,

Arsh Buch

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Here is a document that discusses the WL commands abuch mentions: BCM43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what you are trying to achieve you don't need to use sdpcm commands. These are very low level commands that touch the WiFi FW directly and are not guarenteed to be supported via different FW revisions.

Looks like for what you are trying to do - you need to scan the network and select the best results based on RSSI and then setup roaming and triggers correctly.

All of this functionality is exposed via the WICED APIs which is what you should be using or equivalent Linux APIs if you are on Linux platform.

0 Likes