What is the maximum TCP performance is achievable for CYW43340?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlYe_4025446
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked

We bought the module with chip CYW43340 and hope to apply it in one large project.

I ported the WICED drivers for the CYW43340 with interface SDIO in my controller (Renesas with Cortex-M4 core  240 MHz).

Firmware for the module i took from WICED SDK 6.4 (Version: 6.49.29 (r714254) )

A RTOS ThreadX and their TCP stack run on my controller.

But I can’t get FTP transfer speed through the module more than 3 MByte/s on the 2.4 GHz band, and 5 MByte/s on the 5 GHz band.

Its not problem with TCP stack or SDIO interface, as I see long stall states from WiFi module side.

The transmission conditions were created perfect, the W-Fi router was 1 m from the module

Computer through the same router transmitted FTP data with a speed of more than 10 MByte/s

The question is whether the CYW43340 are capable of transmitting TCP data (in particular FTP) with a speed of more than 6 MByte/s

and whether exist  evoluation board with this chip that could be connected to a PC to check the maximal speed?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Would you please update the SDIO rate setting in your project ? and for this question:

The question is whether the CYW43340 are capable of transmitting TCP data (in particular FTP) with a speed of more than 6 MByte/s .

I can see the value in some cell phone project with high performance host core .

I will have a try on my 43340 evb.

0 Likes