Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

I'm looking for Over The Air update examples that have features between OTA and OTA2.

Examples are likely to show creative ways to add more features in a limited code space.

I'm designing into a CYW43438 with a limited code space that will NOT accommodate a full version of OTA2.

OTA is a bare bones firmware update program as opposed to OTA2,

OTA is stripped of CRC and most other features that check for integrity of code before committing to execute from the new code load.

I'd like to learn from others who've tried to add basic checks to OTA to mitigate potential corruption if an error occurs while still allowing the code to fit in the limited memory of CYW43438.

Greg

1 Solution

GrCa_1363456 Yes, I agree with you. Although this is not available by default, custom implementations can be made. One possible work around which i can think of is, download and boot from the different app regions than the one from which the code is running i.e., download and boot from APP0, APP1 and APP2 in a round robin way. If this isn't not suitable, then what I can suggest is for you to contact local Cypress' Sales/ Marketing and explain your use case scenario to them and they should be able to help you out.

View solution in original post

6 Replies