Websocket will hang when the wifi reconnection happened in wiced sdk 5.2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gechc_1843576
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi, all.

I found the websocket(wss connection) will make the platform freeze when I tried to close and open ap router(It will trigger wifi reconnect) in the wiced sdk 5.2.0.

I also tried to trace the code, and I found it was stuck in websocket_tls_connect() when it tried to call  "result = wiced_tcp_connect( tcp_socket, address, 443, 10000 );".

I am not sure if it's a general issue for the current websocket implementation, but this doesn't happen in the wiced sdk 4.1.1 when I use the same application.

By the way, I use ThreadX and NetX as my platform's RTOS and network stack.

1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

When the AP is started again, ensure that the websocket server is brought up before the client attempts to reconnect. In which WICED platform do you see this issue? The code in snip.link_status can be used to determine when the AP is up or down.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GauravS_31

When the AP is started again, ensure that the websocket server is brought up before the client attempts to reconnect. In which WICED platform do you see this issue? The code in snip.link_status can be used to determine when the AP is up or down.

0 Likes

grsr

Do you notice "The issue doesn't happen in the wiced sdk 4.1.1 with the same application"?

0 Likes
GauravS_31

Is this issue still observed in WICED SDK 6.0? If yes, please provide your application project and details on reproducing this issue.

0 Likes