WICED v3.7.0-7 on ARM not working with BT 5.0 keyboard

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Chrisn
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

We have a platform that uses WICED Version 3.7.0-7. AN STM32F469 processor uses the WiFi/BT module LBEE5KL1DX. We're able to bond with and connect and reconnect to a BTLE 4.0 keyboard without issues. When we do the same with the same model of keyboard that uses BTLE 5.0, we're able to bond with and connect with the  keyboard, but upon re connection, the firmware crashes. From the debugger, it seems to be crashing in a pee-compiled module we have: BTE_low_energy.FreeRTOS.LwIP.ARM_CM4.release.a.

Our belief is that something in the firmware is not handling BT 5.0 events correctly and is causing the firmware crash. But it isn't easy to tell what's going on in the project and the .a file is a bit of a mystery too. Are there any clues as to where to look for this issue? Is there perhaps an updated version of WICED or an updated driver file we should be using?

0 Likes
6 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello @Chrisn 

Seems like you are using too old SDK version. can you please switch to latest WICED Studio version & check if the issue still exists ?

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hey Anjana,

Do you have a guide for updating our SDK version? I'd like to do it in a manner that doesn't break the rest of our project if possible.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes

I've installed and updated to WICED-Studio-6.6, and that doesn't seem to have affected anything.

0 Likes
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Chrisn ,

Thanks for confirming. Could you please share us the HCI logs (communication between host and controller) and the air logs to investigate this issue further/

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hey Bragadeesh,

I have some sniffer logs of the events attached (captured with Wireshark and Bluefruit LE sniffer). Should have the initial bonding as well as a follow-up reconnect. Nothing there strikes me as suspicious.

Do you have guidance on how to generate the HCL logs?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Chrisn ,

We will review the logs. You can enable HCI logs by adding the following line to the makefile

# Enable this flag to get bluetooth protocol traces
GLOBAL_DEFINES += ENABLE_BT_PROTOCOL_TRACES

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes