WICED v3.3.1 Mac

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a plan to release a Mac pkg for WICED 3.3.1?

- Ajay

0 Likes
8 Replies
JaeyoungY_71
Employee
Employee
First comment on KBA 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi Ajay,

You can use your existing IDE and import the 3.3.1 SDK to that. Please refer to this blog post.

How to import a WICED SDK into an existing WICED Eclipse IDE (2) 

You should have no problems importing and using the 3.3.1 SDK with the existing IDE. Let me know if you run into any.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jaeyoung. I was able to download and build an app with WICED-3.3.1. I am now facing a new issue - dct_write for WiFI section fails.

0 Likes

I'll need some more information to help you out.

- Which app are you using and what is the error message?

- Which platform are you using?

- Have you used the board before with a previous SDK?

- Did you check if the drivers are installed correctly? Your device manager should show something like the attached screen below

• WICED USB Serial Port in Ports
  • WICED USB JTAG Port in WICED USB JTAG Devices

- Have you used the board ever with another laptop?

device.PNG

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jaeyoung,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes I have used this card before. I am using BCM43362WCD8 (at least that is what I use for build targets). I have used the card with 3.1.2. It has worked before. But now it fails with both 3.1.2 and 3.3.1 SDK.. I did some more debugging and I have discovered that the failure is from the following code in file wiced_dct_internal_common.c,  function wiced_write_dct()

if ( platform_write_flash_chunk( ((uint32_t) &new_dct[1]), &curr_dct[1], data_start_offset ) != PLATFORM_SUCCESS )

{

return -2;

}

Any idea why this should be happening? And what is the remedy?

0 Likes

Hi Ajay,

I'll have to look into it and try to replicate the problem. The closest I have is a BCM943362WCD4, I'll give it a try with that. Which app are you using and what is the whole target name? Did you modify anything in the code?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jaeyoung,

I tried snip.config_mode and snip.dct_read_write. In both cases the dct_write fails. In dct_read_write the MAC address stays the same before and after modification, so that tells me that the dct_write failed.

Thanks for helping Jaeyoung.

- Ajay

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jaeyoung,

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to fix  the problem. Just in case you are interested, I did the following.

Ran OpenOCD using the following command

"./tools/OpenOCD/OSX/openocd-all-brcm-libftdi" -f ./tools/OpenOCD/BCM9WCD1EVAL1.cfg -f ./tools/OpenOCD/at91sam4sXX.cfg -f ./tools/OpenOCD/at91sam4sXX-flash-app.cfg

The flash commands didn't work well with this, so i used sam4s_flash to turn protect off and erase the dct using following commands

> sam4s_flash protect 0 2 5 off

> sam4s_flash erase_sector 0 2 5

- Ajay

Hi Ajay,

I'm glad you got it to work and thanks for posting your findings! I'm sure it will come in handy in case of a similar problem

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes