Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HyKi_4229111
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

I have an embedded platform of BLE and WiFi combo (CYW4343W) with ST32F4xx CPU. I need to perform some of Bluetooth test over the platform to go to Bluetooth SIC certificate process.

I am currently working with SDK WICED-Studio-6.6, and 

• An app mfg_test, 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/test/mfg_test
  • BLE library, 43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/drivers/bluetooth/mfg_test
  • Host utility, wl tool, 43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/test/wl_tool/wl4343WA1.exe

However, this seems to test WiFi (802.11 system) only, and "WICED manufacturing user guide" lists commands all WiFi related.

Here is my question, can I perform Bluetooth test with above app and utility? If not, are there any app and/or utilities available? The mfg_test app can run with WMBT in ModusToolbox?

Any sources, documents or comments are welcome.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @HyKi_4229111 ,

The mfg_test app present in  43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/drivers/bluetooth/mfg_test is used for performing the tests on bluetooth side. The MWBT tool of Modustoolbox can also be used to perform these tests. 

There are two ways to perform the test:

1. If you have access to the HCI ports of 4343W controller directly you can send the commands directly  from WMBT tool.

2. If you have connected the WiFi/ BT controller to a host (STM32) via HCI then you need to run the mfg_test app in the host and then connect the host to the WMBT tool. The host (STM32) will act as a bridge to transport the commands sent from the MWBT tool to the controller and vice versa.

Documentation can be found here:

https://infineon.github.io/btsdk-docs/BT-SDK/Manufacturing-Bluetooth-Test-Tool.pdf

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @HyKi_4229111 ,

The mfg_test app present in  43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/drivers/bluetooth/mfg_test is used for performing the tests on bluetooth side. The MWBT tool of Modustoolbox can also be used to perform these tests. 

There are two ways to perform the test:

1. If you have access to the HCI ports of 4343W controller directly you can send the commands directly  from WMBT tool.

2. If you have connected the WiFi/ BT controller to a host (STM32) via HCI then you need to run the mfg_test app in the host and then connect the host to the WMBT tool. The host (STM32) will act as a bridge to transport the commands sent from the MWBT tool to the controller and vice versa.

Documentation can be found here:

https://infineon.github.io/btsdk-docs/BT-SDK/Manufacturing-Bluetooth-Test-Tool.pdf

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes