WICED CYW4343W - STM32F412, QUAD SPI integration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sape_4812941
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi, 

We are working with the LAIRD-EWB module that use CYW4343W (wifi - BLE combo) with a STM32F412.  We want to use the Quad SPI on the MCU but there is no qspi platform related to STM32F4xx  in Wiced (WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/peripherals).  

Is there a way to have access to stm32f4x_qspi Library ?  What would be the best way to do it and if there's any exemple to use the stm qspi library. 

1. Create a platform like the one in the stm32L4. If it's possible, is there any guideline ?

2. Include the STM library and use it directly in my application file like I would do it in STMCube ide. 

For information, we want to use the quad spi to store data in a PSRAM. Any help, could be usefull. 

Thank you  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello @sape_4812941 

Yes, your understanding is correct on this.

If so, is it possible to overpass the platform safely

--> Yes, you should be able to access whatever API's or the functionality that you need from your application without any issues.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

@sape_4812941 

1. If you want to create a platform, then you could use this as a guideline https://community.cypress.com/t5/Resource-Library/STM32F469-porting-in-WICED/ta-p/246317

2. I'm not sure how things work in the STMCube IDE. If you give me the things that you are looking for, then maybe I could comment on whether or not its possible in WICED. 

Also, I'm not sure of this, but in the file /43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/peripherals/platform_spi.c I do see various instances of spi interfaces being referenced in the function platform_spi_get_port_number. So I think that you can use the quad spi of the STM32F4. let me know if you've tried this and there have been issues.

0 Likes
sape_4812941
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi @Murali_R ,

thanks for the quick response ! I saw this guideline to create a mcu platform but I think it's missing some information about "peripherals" platform. It sure help understand the flow. 

In STMCube 
- I would declare a QSPI_HandleTypeDef structure instance.

- Call a HAL_QSPI_MspInit(QSPI_HandleTypeDef *hqspi) where we configure our Pins, DMA and NVIC. 

- After that, I use all the functions from stm32F4xx_hal_qspi.c library like transmit or command.

I would want a direct access to the hal library functions. I think the way wiced work, they implement a intermediate bettwen the application file and the hal library with the platform. Am I accurate on this one ? If so, is it possible to overpass the platform safely. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Hello @sape_4812941 

Yes, your understanding is correct on this.

If so, is it possible to overpass the platform safely

--> Yes, you should be able to access whatever API's or the functionality that you need from your application without any issues.

Thanks

0 Likes