WICED Authentication using TPM device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4051776
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like given

Has anyone worked with a TPM device inside WICED environment ? We have tried to use the Infineon TPM2.0 ( SLB9670vq20 ) which seems pretty decent, but we have not found a decent driver for it except a complicated driver for Linux. We are using STM32F469 and are looking for a TPM driver for this MCU. Appreciate some feedback. -- Thanks, BM

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think this query is more related to Infineon TPM device specific. If you face any issue in porting a RTOS based SPI driver in WICED, you can raise the issue in CY community.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ChMa_3922746
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

I am familiar only with its use in the Linux environment.  You should contact your Infineon FAE to see what else is cooking.

0 Likes

Thank you for replying. We talked with Infineon, they gave us some initial support, but then they stopped supporting us as we are not a high volume customer. So I am trying to reach here... We could eventually write the driver for our MCU (STM32F429), but we have some issues with the SPI commands. The only command that works is: read DID_VID register, returning the correct value, but its address had a 0xD4 added to the 16-bit address and we did not understand why. Do you know the EXACT byte by byte command to read the STATUS register TPM_STS_0 and what we need to expect reading it right after power up ? That would help...

--Thaks, BM

0 Likes

I am sorry that I can't help with the I/O details of that part because I wasn't involved at that level.  In our case, we did make headway with Infineon some years ago on a (likely different) TPM even though our volumes were going to be relatively low (in the 100's to 1000's per year).  So, I would persist.  You do need their support! 

Thank you.. Currently we have a simpler solution, but early next year we'll restart the TPM project.

0 Likes

I think this query is more related to Infineon TPM device specific. If you face any issue in porting a RTOS based SPI driver in WICED, you can raise the issue in CY community.

0 Likes