WI-FI 802.11 designing framework for automation testing through python scripting. I need with one example of wl command like wl down ,wl up ,wl isup with in your above python scripting that will be very helpful.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
srpec_3628341
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi Vinayak ,

I got it correct WI-FI 802.11  designing framework for automation testing through python scripting. I need with one example of wl command like wl down ,wl up ,wl isup  with in your above python scripting that will be very helpful.

Thanks ,

Srikrishna . Pelluru

########################

import sys, string , os ,argparse

parser = argparse.ArgumentParser()
parser.add_argument("-l","--location",help="absolute path to your wl utility,(note the slash) eg:<location>/43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/test/wl_tool/ ")
parser.add_argument("-p","--port",help="com port Number")
args = parser.parse_args()
if args.location and args.port:
    print("Running wl utility at " + args.location)
    type(args.location)
    os.chdir(args.location)
    #add your list of commands here inside
    commands = ['ver' , 'ver'] ####

eg. wl down,wl up,wl isup,wl out,wl up....use any one command and please give me one example...

for i in range(0,len(commands)):

os.system(args.location + "wl43909B0.exe --serial " + args.port + " " + commands)

else:
    print("incorrect usage, type -h for help")

####################################

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Please open CMD in the directory where you have kept the python script and Run the following command

<SCRIPT_DIR>python wl_test.py -l C:/Users/<Username>/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/test/wl_tool/ -p <COM_PORT NUMBER (e.g 11)>

Please make a note of the slashes used and enter it in the exact format as shown in the example execution.

If you want to execute for example wl ver and wl up, then replace the commands (line 12) with commands = ['ver' , 'up'] OR if you want to execute wl ver and wl country, then replace the line #12 with commands = ['ver' , 'country']

Please note that the script provided is just a starting point for your application and right now it is limited to wl commands only.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Please open CMD in the directory where you have kept the python script and Run the following command

<SCRIPT_DIR>python wl_test.py -l C:/Users/<Username>/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.2.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/test/wl_tool/ -p <COM_PORT NUMBER (e.g 11)>

Please make a note of the slashes used and enter it in the exact format as shown in the example execution.

If you want to execute for example wl ver and wl up, then replace the commands (line 12) with commands = ['ver' , 'up'] OR if you want to execute wl ver and wl country, then replace the line #12 with commands = ['ver' , 'country']

Please note that the script provided is just a starting point for your application and right now it is limited to wl commands only.