Using the CYW43438/CYW4343W Without the WICED Application Framework

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaMu_4174826
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

I have a CYW43438 + STMF4XXX setup for a project that I'm working on.

I'd like to use the STMicroelectronics ecosystem for my firmware development and NOT the WICED Application Framework.

I want to use WICED only as a Wi-Fi and BLE driver. I've read somewhere about the WICED WWD API but I don't know how it can be used as a Wi-Fi and BLE driver for the CYW43438. Is it possible to accomplish what I want to do here? If yes, is there any documentation somewhere on how to proceed with this?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
mringwal
Level 4
Level 4
Associated Partner - BlueKitchen GmbH
5 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

BlueKitchen GmbH is closed until August 2nd. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards

The BlueKitchen Team

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
mringwal
Level 4
Level 4

The Bluetooth part of the 4343 provides the standard Bluetooth HCI H4 interface. You can use it with any 3rd-party Bluetooth stack, e.g., with our BTstack: GitHub - bluekitchen/btstack: Dual-mode Bluetooth stack, with small memory footprint.

If you go to port/posix-h4, you can run any BTstack example on a Mac/Linux system or use port/windows-h4 on Windows. We don't have examples for STM32F4xx + 4343, but you could start with port/stm32-f4discovery-cc256x and select the bcm chipset support.

As far as I know, you need the WWD part from WICED for Wifi, but have no details on that.

Thank you for the insight.

0 Likes
mringwal
Level 4
Level 4

BlueKitchen GmbH is closed until August 2nd. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards

The BlueKitchen Team

0 Likes