Using SoftAP without Client/Station (SN8000x; SDK v3.0.1)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ all,

I've tried to use the SoftAP as single interface in my project. My software based on the demos 'wwd.canned_send' and 'snip.apsta' and I have no OS on board. My two setups:

- Starting STA+AP, I can use the AP e. g. connect to it and use it for network traffic

- Starting only the AP, I can't connect to it (beacons are sent).

The abstract code:

myStart()

{

wwd_management_init(...);

//wwd_wifi_join(...);               /* active depend on STA activation */

wwd_wifi_start_ap(...);

}

I wonder why adding wwd_wifi_join() makes my AP working.

Any ideas? Did I forgot a config?

Thanks for helping,

Jan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Please utilize one of the provided RTOS (ThreadX or FreeRTOS) and supported network stack to accomplish your work. Usage of wwd_* functions are not recommended to be used. If used handling of the messages from WiFi module needs to be provided. Where all of those are implemented by the Wiced SDK using RTOS and network stack.

Seyhan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Are you specifying a channel to start the AP on?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I tried different channels in the 'AP only' mode.

Together with the STA, I configured the same channel for both. (Also I know, it would be ignored in this case)

Maybe there is any unexpected/hidden config in wwd_wifi_join() ...

But in general, using wwd_management_init() and wwd_wifi_start_ap() should be ok for creating an AP?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ATM its working.

(Without functional changes...)

0 Likes

Hi,

Please utilize one of the provided RTOS (ThreadX or FreeRTOS) and supported network stack to accomplish your work. Usage of wwd_* functions are not recommended to be used. If used handling of the messages from WiFi module needs to be provided. Where all of those are implemented by the Wiced SDK using RTOS and network stack.

Seyhan