Uploading Code via Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H doesn't work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeSc_2134251
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi there,

I'm trying to use a Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H with SN8200 module to upload the demo appliance from WICED SDK 2.4.1.

I'm using the following task:

demo.appliance-SN8200x JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H download run

Now I'm getting the following console output:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build complete

Downloading Bootloader ...

Download complete

Downloading Application ...

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading DCT ...

Download complete

Resetting target

Target running

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems that the bootloader and the DCT will be downloaded to the module, but not the Application.

Can anybody tell me what's going wrong here?

Regards,

Georg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it working, I already have access to my murata site.

I connected TRST of Olimex JTAG to JTRST pin and TSRST of JTAG to RST pin of module.

Also, I did not connect any 32Khz crystal externally so I had to define WICED_DISABLE_MCU_POWERSAVE in global defines.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you program BCM943362WCD4_EVB by Olimex?

Please also check <WICED-SDK>/build/openocd_log.txt

0 Likes

I don't have the BCM943362 board, so I couldn't check this.

Curiously it's running now since I connected the two reset lines of the module, JTRST and micro_rst.

Thank's for your answer!

0 Likes

Hi,

The .../build/openocd_log.txt log file is created regardless of the platform. Each time the openocd used to program the target the log file is created.

It is good that you have resolved your issue.

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hii,

I am also getting the same error with SN8205 module and Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H. I also tried connecting pin 41 and 47 together of module to TSRST_N of Olimex JTAG pin but problem still exists.

Can you please share the schamatics of module and JTAG?

Does pins 41 and/or 47 needs to be pulled high with a resistor?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, mayurk:

You need to check the SN820x application note for firmware downloading. Please register with myMurata from www.murata-ws.com and request access to SN8205.

Best regards,

Yong

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it working, I already have access to my murata site.

I connected TRST of Olimex JTAG to JTRST pin and TSRST of JTAG to RST pin of module.

Also, I did not connect any 32Khz crystal externally so I had to define WICED_DISABLE_MCU_POWERSAVE in global defines.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi mayurk,

thank youvery much for this info. I switched from the obsolete SN8200 to the new SN8205 and was wondering why it doesn't work.

The define of WICED_DISABLE_MCU_POWERSAVE was the perfect solution.

0 Likes