Update listen_interval after association

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mmch
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please give some clarifications on the setting of the listen_interval (wiced_wifi_set_listen_interval and wiced_wifi_set_listen_interval_assoc) ?

The documentation states that the first function should communicates the listen_interval to the AP. This seems to be true, but only during the association. If I change the listen_interval after that, the function does not communicate the new value to the connected AP, even though the change is effective.

Why is that ? Is there a problem with updating the listen_interval while connected ? How can I let the AP knows that I want to change / changed the listen_interval without disconnecting ?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,
Mehdi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @mmch ,

You can change the listen interval only before association. 

You cannot change the listen interval without disassociating.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakesh_BG

Hi @mmch ,

You can change the listen interval only before association because the listen interval value will be set in association frame. So you can set the listen interval using wiced_wifi_set_listen_interval before association happens.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes
mmch
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi @Rakesh_BG,

Why is that ? Is there a problem with updating the listen_interval while connected ? How can I let the AP knows that I want to change / changed the listen_interval without disconnecting ?

Please let me know if my questions are not clear.

Best regards,
Mehdi

0 Likes
Rakesh_BG

Hi @mmch ,

You can change the listen interval only before association. 

You cannot change the listen interval without disassociating.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes