Unable to joint enterprise network

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
user_3663311
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

My configuration:
I'm unable to join enterprise network with BCM943438 platform, wiced-sdk 6.2.1. FreeRADIUS version 3.0.16 is configured for PEAP-MSCHAP authentication, FreeRadius works fine because I'm able to connect to it via phone/pc.

My build is using FreeRTOS-lwip, however after reading this thread​ I have adapted my project to use ThreadX-NetX_Duo.

Note:

My WLAN firmware version is 7.45.45.17.

My join process:
I have built test process with contains these steps -
1. Scan available networks, if I find my network "TA_Enterprise" I copy wiced_scan_result_t structure.
2. Initialize besl supplicant with besl_supplicant_init function.
3. Starting besl with besl_supplicant_start.
4. Connecting to wifi with wwd_wifi_join. For this function I use data from step 1.

After these steps I can see that communication between device and radius server have started, however it end really quickly. I get these errors:

mbedtls_ssl_handshake returned -0xFFFFD900

TLS handshake failed with error = [4]

wwd_wifi_join: not ready to transceive (err 1007); left network

After these messages server just cleans up.

I have attached full device and freeradius logs. I cant understand why I get these errors.

1 Solution
user_3663311
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I have resolved the issue, the problem was with my certificate.

Solution that worked for me was:

Copy /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem certificate to firmware WIFI_ROOT_CERTIFICATE_STRING.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
user_3663311
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I have resolved the issue, the problem was with my certificate.

Solution that worked for me was:

Copy /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem certificate to firmware WIFI_ROOT_CERTIFICATE_STRING.