Type1LV/CYW43012 Public Address

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiPr_3782666
Level 2
Level 2
First question asked First reply posted

Hi,

I'm using CYW43012 (Murata Type1LV) with mbed Cordio BT stack. I see in WICED SDK that the way we enable the public address is by setting the random address refresh timeout to 0. Is there any equivalent way to do this in mbed Cordio (or by any vendor specific HCI command)?

As of now I've set the public address from host MCU (mbed BLE API). However it never take effect (it always use static random address).

I would appreciate if anyone can provide vendor specific HCI command for this module (the one within WICED SDK seems incomplete).

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi RaktimR_11​,

Apparently the correct opcode to set the BDA is 0xFC01, we can use it with normal HCI command along with the address. Apart from that, we have to setOwnAddressType to PUBLIC in mbed BLE.

I finally manage to set the public address properly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

As of now, Cordio stack does not support vendor specific commands for CYW43xxx. There is an existing effort to get this feature added in MBED-OS but I can't commit on the timeline as of now. I am yet to conclusively check though if there is any other way to achieve the same.

Hi RaktimR_11​,

Apparently the correct opcode to set the BDA is 0xFC01, we can use it with normal HCI command along with the address. Apart from that, we have to setOwnAddressType to PUBLIC in mbed BLE.

I finally manage to set the public address properly.

0 Likes