The 2'nd client can't obtain IP address from SoftAP device while uart thread is running.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SuLe_1710756
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received First like given

Hello, Broadcom

Our customer has some problem and system layout is as follows,

Embedded System <---- UART ----> WICED(SoftAP) <---- TCP through WiFi ----> PC or Mobile

WICED : SDK 3.x.x and BCM943362WCD4, OS/network : FreeRTOS / LwIP

The first client(PC) is connected to WICED successfully and then uart data received from embedded system are also transferred to PC through tcp(LwIP) communication successfully in created uart_thread.

However, if the second client tries to connect to WICED while uart data are transferred, the second client can't obtain ip address.

Could you let me know why the second client can't obtain ip address? What should I do to fix this problem?

If you need more detailed information, let me know.

Thanks,

Sung-Mok Lee

0 Likes
1 Solution
SuLe_1710756
Level 5
Level 5

Hi gangi,

I resolved this problem. "wiced_packetd_delete()" function should not be called even if packet had been sent successfully.I had missed it.

Thanks,

Sung-Mok Lee

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Can you provide more details on what the UART thread is doing?

Does this follow the client, or it is always the second client?  Can you try clients in different order?

Also, I sniff of the failed connection attempt may be helpful.

0 Likes
SuLe_1710756
Level 5
Level 5

Hi gangi,

I resolved this problem. "wiced_packetd_delete()" function should not be called even if packet had been sent successfully.I had missed it.

Thanks,

Sung-Mok Lee