Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using 2.4.1, I've run into a situation where a TCP client socket on the STA interface stops sending data after an AP connection is made simultaneously.

Here is the problem in more detail:

On power up, our device connects to the local Wi-Fi and then makes a TCP connection to a cloud service using the STA interface.  The connection to the cloud service is maintained in the background while the device is on.  In addition, if the user presses a button on the device, the AP interface powers up and starts the http & dns services to allow a user to interact with the device directly through an app.  Unfortunately, I have found that as soon as the user connects to the AP interface, the STA hosted TCP connection goes dead.  I have traced the traffic on the network and I see that once the AP connection is made, packets go into the STA based TCP port but nothing ever comes back out.

Another odd fact is that everything works properly if the TCP socket is connecting to a host on my local network instead of out on the internet.  I don't think it's a DNS issue because I use the same functions to resolve a domain name in either case, I just change the IP address from an internet address to 192.168.1.101 at the DNS server.

It is almost like the act of connecting to the AP interface messes up the TCP socket somehow.  Although I don't get any indication that anything is wrong inside the firmware.  The wiced_tcp_send_buffer() call returns WICED_SUCCESS even when it's actually failing.

Development is very far along, so I'm not in a position to switch to 3.x.

2 Replies