Shifting from PSoC Creator to Wiced Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mrinal
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi

I have been designing extensively on PSoC creator using PSoC 4 and 5 chips. We are now starting with WiFi and IoT and I have PSoC-6 WiFi + BLE kit with me.

Things are so unclear in Wiced studio. I have a few questions, please help.

1. Does the CYW4343 chip have a TCP/IP stack?

2. When we build a simple example project to say scan for WiFi network, does the IDE program the PSOC chip or does it program the WiFi chip, since even the WiFi module has a ARM M3 processor?

3. How is communication happening between WiFi module and PSoC? (If at all PSoC is involved)

4. All the examples are so platform-centric. How can I use PSoC-5 with the WiFi module. We need the analog features of PSoC5. Is it even possible?

Please help me with a link of good documentations.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

--> The WICED Studio SDK supports TCP/IP stack implementation, be it LwIP, NetX or NetXDuo. Cypress provides this support in WICED not only for CYW4343 chip, but for all chips.

2. When we build a simple example project to say scan for WiFi network, does the IDE program the PSOC chip or does it program the WiFi chip, since even the WiFi module has a ARM M3 processor?

--> The IDE programs the PSoC chip.

3. How is communication happening between WiFi module and PSoC? (If at all PSoC is involved)

--> The communication is happening via SDIO lines.

4. All the examples are so platform-centric. How can I use PSoC-5 with the WiFi module. We need the analog features of PSoC5. Is it even possible?

--> The analog features of PSoC5 isn't available in WICED. You need to port the PDL of PSoC 5 if you want to use these features.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

--> The WICED Studio SDK supports TCP/IP stack implementation, be it LwIP, NetX or NetXDuo. Cypress provides this support in WICED not only for CYW4343 chip, but for all chips.

--> The IDE programs the PSoC chip.

--> The communication is happening via SDIO lines.

--> The analog features of PSoC5 isn't available in WICED. You need to port the PDL of PSoC 5 if you want to use these features.

Thanks