Setting EAPOL key timeout fails with error WWD_WLAN_UNSUPPORTED

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am working on porting the WiFi driver for Murata 1DX on a custom board using the reference from WICED SDK.

Currently I am trying to Join an AP with "WICED_SECURITY_WPA2_MIXED_PSK" Security. But the wwd_wifi_join() API always fails with WWD_WLAN_UNSUPPORTED response.

I am able to Join the same AP with Open Security.

When i furthure debugged it I came to know that the error comes when I try to sets the current EAPOL key timeout for STA Interface.

Can anyone tell me what are the possible cases in which this error may arise?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to solve the issue. I guess the issue is regarding the Firmware provided by Murata on their Github for 1DX. Maybe it doesn't support the EAPOL variable setting commands. I used the firmware provided by WICED SDK and now it works fine.

1) FW - WICED SDK

2) NVRAM Image for 1DX - Murata Github

3) CLM Blob Image - WICED SDK

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AxLi_1746341
Level 7
Level 7
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Which sdk version are you using?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi axel.lin,

I am using Version 6.2

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Debugging furthur I came to know that the setting of Supplicant Variable using "bsscfg: sup_wpa" fails with WWD_WLAN_UNSUPPORTED.

Is there any reason for this to fail?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

It appears that the IOVAR IOVAR_STR_SUP_WPA_TMO is unsupported in the firmware but I will check and confirm. We need to understand how the Wi-Fi join happens in your setup. Did you use join command from console or directly used the wwd_wifi_join() function?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have directly used the wwd_wifi_join() api in my code.

I have used the firmware available for 1DX on Murata github repository. Is it possible that firmware does not support IOVAR_STR_SUP_WPA_TMO command?

0 Likes
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can consider using the higher level API wiced_network_up() instead of low level WWD function to join to the AP. This will pick up the AP details from the DCT and join to the AP.

I don't get your point.

How can the higher level API wiced_network_up() avoid WWD_WLAN_UNSUPPORTED issue?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to solve the issue. I guess the issue is regarding the Firmware provided by Murata on their Github for 1DX. Maybe it doesn't support the EAPOL variable setting commands. I used the firmware provided by WICED SDK and now it works fine.

1) FW - WICED SDK

2) NVRAM Image for 1DX - Murata Github

3) CLM Blob Image - WICED SDK