Serial Communication over CYW4343W - BTStack missing wiced_bt_spp.h

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joelk
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am using the Murata 1DX module that contains a CYW4343W combo chip. I cannot move to a different chip. I need to get a basic console interface working via this chip, I am using an external STM32 MCU to communicate over the HCI lines (this is where I am writing the application). I assumed SPP over Bluetooth Classic would be the easiest path forward towards a basic console interface.

I am currently making use of the STM32 Connectivity Pack which worked really well for adding the BT-Stack to my project. I was planning on using the BT-SDK RFCOMM SPP project as a reference. However, now that I am starting to write my application I noticed that while I have wiced_bt_rfcomm.h, I am missing wiced_bt_spp.h. I also noticed that wiced_bt_spp.h is missing from the BT-Stack Github, which has led to me to believe SPP is not really part of the main bluetooth stack.

I am new to BT but if I am not mistaken SPP is built on top of RFCOMM. Shouldn't SPP be available for the CYW4343W if RFCOMM is there? Is there a different API I can use rather than wiced_bt_spp.h? Or perhaps wiced_bt_rfcomm is enough to do a simple virtual COM port console to a phone or TeraTerm? If so, where would I find examples for wiced_bt_rfcomm?

Thanks, Joel.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Tushar_b
100 replies posted First like given 25 solutions authored

Hi Joel,

Our development team has not yet tested the BT classic profiles in STM conn package. Please contact your local sales representatives or Infineon FAEs for further information.

Regards,

Tushar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @joelk 

Currently STM connectivity package supports only Bluetooth Low Energy profiles. It doesn't support BTClassic.

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes
joelk
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hey @AnjanaM_61,

Thanks for quick reply. I have the spec for SPP, it appears that the 2 main dependencies are RFCOMM and SDP.
joelk_0-1669135759636.png
Both RFCOMM and SDP appear in the STM32 Connectivity Pack, so it would seem BTClassic SPP is partially supported but is missing that final layer...
Do you see any issue with me writing my own SPP layer on top of wiced_bt_rfcomm and wiced_bt_sdp?

Thanks,
Joel

0 Likes
Tushar_b
100 replies posted First like given 25 solutions authored

Hi Joel,

Our development team has not yet tested the BT classic profiles in STM conn package. Please contact your local sales representatives or Infineon FAEs for further information.

Regards,

Tushar

0 Likes