Seeking for a component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaFa_974161
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Hello,

In our company we are dveloping a project where we need a single MCU that

* has WiFi Direct connectivity at about 20MBps in UDP

* has USB2.0 connectivity

* has SDIO host that can connect to uSD (and has file system stack in SDK)

* can connet to FPGA (like FX3 that has GPIF) with at least 20MBps

I see CYW43907 but I think how to connect with an FPGA with such throughput.

can someone help me ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Okay. I understand that you want to interface the WiFi module with the FX3S. Correct me, if I am wrong. For this, you need to use the host specific SDIO driver, in this case it is FX3S SDIO driver and you need to port the WiFi Host Driver (WHD) on the host side. WHD provides a set of APIs to interact with the Cypress WLAN chips. It's platform independent and you can choose your own set of network stack and RTOS.

You can find the below Github link that provides the guideline for WHD porting and also provides the reference manual for the APIs.-->

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/wifi-host-driver: Embedded Wi-Fi Host Driver that provides a set of ...

As of now the WHD supports only CYW4343W & CYW43012 & the modules derived form these 2 base parts. So, you can select the WiFi module accordingly.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aditi_B

Hello,

If possible, can you elaborate more on the project that you're going to develop to better understand the requirements?

You can also share the details via personal message if not in the open forum.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

I explain better :

I see FX3S : it has USB3.0, it has SDIO interface to user uSD, it has GPIFII to communicate fast with FPGA ... how to connect with

a WiFi module ?

P.S. I download Wiced Studio but I don't know if can help me in this development.

Cattura.PNG

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Okay. I understand that you want to interface the WiFi module with the FX3S. Correct me, if I am wrong. For this, you need to use the host specific SDIO driver, in this case it is FX3S SDIO driver and you need to port the WiFi Host Driver (WHD) on the host side. WHD provides a set of APIs to interact with the Cypress WLAN chips. It's platform independent and you can choose your own set of network stack and RTOS.

You can find the below Github link that provides the guideline for WHD porting and also provides the reference manual for the APIs.-->

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/wifi-host-driver: Embedded Wi-Fi Host Driver that provides a set of ...

As of now the WHD supports only CYW4343W & CYW43012 & the modules derived form these 2 base parts. So, you can select the WiFi module accordingly.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes