STM32L4P5 and CYW43438

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TYuan
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi Experts, 

My materials are STM32L4P5 and CYW43438. 
What I can't figure out is that while I build the sample (snip.gpio), I can see the LED on the board blinking. but if I remove the USB type-C(5V), the LED will turn off(still provide 3.3V from a battery).

The purpose that I have to remove the USB type-C is that I have to connect the UART and monitor the output on Teraterm. 

I just wondered  what would be the reason caused for this situation? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello,

Are you using an EVAL board for the said platform (please mention the name) or you are using custom hardware (if so, please attach the schematics)?

Can you please elaborate more on "The purpose that I have to remove the USB type-C is that I have to connect the UART and monitor the output on Teraterm " - does it mean that the USB type-C used for programming the board doesn't serve the purpose of USB-UART (to check the console output) and that you need an external USB to UART converter (to check the output)?

I tried the above scenarios with one of the EVAL boards (which has STM32F4xx + CYW4343W) i.e. downloaded the "snip.gpio" example and externally provided the 3.3V supply (did not use USB) and the LED was blinking as expected.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply