SDIO drivers for Linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeFe_666001
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given
I need to use a BCM43362 based module with SDIO interface (Murata SN8000) on an ARM Cortex-A9 based Linux platform (Xilinx Zynq).

Please advise where to find documentation/guidance on this use case where the Network Stack is implemented in a Cortex-A9 based system running Linux OS ?

Elaboration on the drivers and how to port them is needed... Is it the brcmfmac driver that needs to be ported?

Thanks!

Peter
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
WICED is not designed for Linux based platforms.

The Linux source already has support for a number of Broadcom WLAN products (see http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/brcm80211)
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
But, Broadcom has some "undocumented" ports. If you have an internal Broadcom FAE or application engineer contact, you should email them and ask them if they already have a port to the O/S or platform you want to use. Even if they dont have it already, they may be willing to port to it if it is a popular one. I am going to ask them. I am hoping a Linux port already exists. An Android port should exist and Linux is not that different....
0 Likes