Running Wiced Studio with a Windows user account

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gapic_3631826
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've installed from scratch Wiced Studio 6.2 using an administrative account  on a folder accesible to all users on Windows 10.  All works as expected on this account, but when I switch to an user account,   although I can execute the IDE, compilations fails showing the arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe compiler was unabled to create a file on the c:\windows folder.  

It doesn't matter the value assigned to the environment variables tmp, tempdir or  temp, compiler always try to use C:\windows.  

Is there any workaround to run Wiced on a windows user account?  Issue is very easy to reproduce just switching users.

0 Likes
5 Replies
AxLi_1746341
Level 7
Level 7
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

gabriel.pittau_3631826 wrote:

Hi,

I've installed from scratch Wiced Studio 6.2 using an administrative account  on a folder accesible to all users on Windows 10.  All works as expected on this account, but when I switch to an user account,   although I can execute the IDE, compilations fails showing the arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe compiler was unabled to create a file on the c:\windows folder.  

It doesn't matter the value assigned to the environment variables tmp, tempdir or  temp, compiler always try to use C:\windows.  

Is there any workaround to run Wiced on a windows user account?  Issue is very easy to reproduce just switching users.

Hi mifo

I'm wondering if Modus 1.0 will fix such issue?

0 Likes

Adding mdl​ from the Modus team.

0 Likes

Hi Axel, I have the same issue:

I have installed Wiced Studio 6.1 on my user account folder using admin rights. I can run it only from the admin account because when I try to compile form my user account it fails, it shows this message:(Unhandled win32 exception arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe).

Is not there any workaround yet ?

0 Likes
gapic_3631826
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Axel,

This is the feedback from the Dev Team:

“There is currently no workaround available to fix this issue. I have passed this feedback to internal development team so that we can fix this in our next generation IDE Modus.”

Unfortunately we cannot offer a solution for this right now, but we will address this in future releases.

0 Likes

Adding the applications team so they can shed some light on the issue: AnjanaM_61 GauravS_31 GyanC_36 PriyaM_16 RaktimR_11 SheetalJ_96winstonf_61

0 Likes