Reference Manual for CYW43907?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DmKo_1322631
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Dear Cypress,

Where I can find the reference manual and programming guide for CYW43907?

Thanks!

0 Likes
9 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Ivan,

We were just (internally) discussing the public availability of the 43907 Programmers Guide, and Register Map/Definitionsmifokavsgrsrvikrutsvrica​.  I've added the team to your request for their official reply.

0 Likes

At this point, we are not planning on making the Programmer's Guide available to the public. We will let you know if that position changes.

Please reach out to your local CY team with any questions or concerns,

0 Likes

If there any description for:

-acronyms in wifi_nvram_image.h for Evaluation Board CYW943907AEVAL1F?

-antenna diversity control pins A21, A25. Is it possible to change state from firmware on-the-fly or it is fixed on compilation

-where I can find examples for DMA and USB subsystems?

0 Likes

for acronyms in wifi_nvram_image.h please refer to AN214841- http://www.cypress.com/file/298281/download

Thank you for link, but in given AN214841 there is no information about a big amount of configuration parameters such as:

"swdiv_en=1"                                                      "\x00"

"swdiv_gpio=0"                                                    "\x00"

"swdiv_swctrl_en=2"                                           "\x00"

"swdiv_swctrl_ant0=0"                                        "\x00"

"swdiv_swctrl_ant1=1"                                        "\x00"

"rxchain=1"                                                          "\x00"

"txchain=1"                                                          "\x00"

Please provide more informaiton about wifi_nvram_image values?

Thank you!

0 Likes

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this.

swdiv_en is to enable Software diversity.

swdiv_gpio is for controlling which GPIO pin to use for controlling external antenna switch.

swdiv_swctrl_en is a diversity mode selection entry, CYW43907 is using mode 2.

All other options that you have mentioned are more of platform (CYW43907) specific which need not be changed.

Please send me examples for USB peripheral

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I truly hope that your position changes on distributing the programmer's

reference.  The Murata LBWA1UZ1GC uses the 43907, and we're using

this module in a new product.  Having to guess how the GPIOs and

function multiplexing and strapping implications are is very likely to waste

an immense amount of development effort, which translates to a much

longer time to market.  THAT translates to fewer sales of your parts.

0 Likes

nyles_2595461

We are working on a document we are referring to as a "product guide" which will address many of these questions.  I expect that the product guide will be ready this month.  In the meantime, please create a new thread with your specific questions on GPIOs, function multiplexing and strapping implications, and the L1 Apps team will track down answers.

0 Likes