Receiving ADV_IND in WICED BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way with the WICED BLE SDK to register a callback that will fire whenever an ADV_IND is received?  I am running on the BCM9WCDPLUS114 eval platform with WICED 2.4.0 Beta 12 SDK.

The goal of my application is to measure the signal strength of nearby bluetooth devices (similar to LightBlue or SensorTag) and use this information for application level purposes. 

My test code is using these parameters to cal wiced_start_scan():

/* Scan settings */

static const wiced_bt_smart_scan_settings_t scan_settings =

{

.type              = BT_SMART_ACTIVE_SCAN,

.filter_policy     = FILTER_POLICY_NONE,

.filter_duplicates = DUPLICATES_FILTER_DISABLED,

.interval          = 480,  // in units of .625ms, min: 4 = 2.5ms, 480 = 300ms max 0x4000 = 10.24 seconds

.window            = 480,  // in units of .625ms, must be < interval, window = interval scans all the time.

.duration_second   = 300,

};

The intermediate scan results report exactly one scan result for each of my peripherals. Each time I stop/start the scan I get the same list of advertising devices. Changling the "filter_duplicates" to ENABLED has no impact.  If I change "type" to PASSIVE then the information contained in my proprietary scan response packets is not collected (this is expected behavior).

Any help would be appreciated.
2 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Hello,

Is this still an issue?  Is it the same behavior in SDK 2.4.1?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discussion is being locked. If you have any follow-up, please start a new discussion.

0 Likes