Re: wiced 43xxx_Wi-Fi make file error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HIUR_3769846
Level 3
Level 3
First like given Welcome!

I have same issue in my application. In my situation, I build with "ota2_manuf_download" option, and after that I can build with ota2_download. However, the program and DCT infomation is not updated after ota2_download and reboot.

In my understanding, after building ota2_download and reboot, the new application wake up. Is this wrong?

By the way, is libusbK USB Devices not problem as "WICED USB JTAG Port" in show above figure?

BRs,

Hiroyuki

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The app is not updated on reboot as the boot_type still remains as OTA2_BOOT_NORMAL. You can check the boot type by using the config" command.

As you mentioned, you will have to change the boot type by writing "update_reboot" command.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Please check the targets in tools/makefiles/wiced_apps.mk file for understanding the files downloaded when a particular target is made.

In ota2_manuf_download, a single manufacturing image suitable for download is created and downloaded to board. This image includes factory reset image, DCT, APPS LUT, application , bootloader, filesystem.

Whereas in ota2_download, an ota2_image is created and downloaded in the staging area.

Now when the board is rebooted, the OTA2 extractor application is loaded which will load the image from the staging area if it is a valid image. If there is no valid image, the current application will start running.

Can you please point out the behavor you observed wrong in your testing?

Thank you for your reply.

I don't check wiced_apps.mk file yet. But firstly I show my behavior.

1, build "clean",

2, build "snip.ota2_extract-CYW943907AEVAL1F"

3, build "snip.ota2_example-CYW943907AEVAL1F ota2_manuf_download" and push reboot button(SW2)

4. I change the code somewhere for clearly checking difference

5, build "snip.ota2_example-CYW943907AEVAL1F ota2_download" and push reboot button(SW2)

I check result from UART between 3 and 5. However, the app is not updated on this timing.

As you mention above, OTA2 extractor should be waked up after process 5 to update app. Does OTA2 extractor app is wake up automatically after process of 5? In my environment, after I insert the "update_reboot" command and reboot, I can correctly update app from staging area. Is this process correct?

0 Likes

Hello,

The app is not updated on reboot as the boot_type still remains as OTA2_BOOT_NORMAL. You can check the boot type by using the config" command.

As you mentioned, you will have to change the boot type by writing "update_reboot" command.

0 Likes