Programmer Guide for BCM9WCDPLUS114

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

We are using BCM9WCDPLUS114 smart bridge board and WICED 3.1.2 SDK.

We are not getting any programmers Guide and WiFi/BT datasheets.

Even though demo applications are present for checking WiFI and BT/BLE functionality but it gives high level understanding.

But its difficult to understand low level apis.

Please can you send us the Datasheets,programmers guide also low level api understanding docs.

Regards,

Shankar

0 Likes
11 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Unfortunately, the limited amount of reference material we have available is listed here in this thread: WICED SmartBridge Reference Design...

Perhaps someone from USI (creator of the original SmartBridge Reference Design) can help here as well:

jone hyinkjfchen 威宇 陳 syiau1221 patricktsai yufeng chuhung youping_xiong michael_c hanyi_chiu brianwen paul_usi slc0508

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.

USI team,

Please can we get the programmers guide for BCM9WCDPLUS114 and related documents.

Regards,

shankar

0 Likes

USI only have H/W reference document which is same as WICED SmartBridge Reference Design...!

BCM9WCDPLUS114 schematic is included in SDK! 

For S/W programming, located under Doc directory!

Read the source code of SDK as your reference!

There are a lot of example under apps/demo/bt_smartbridge and apps/snip

For the data sheet please contact your local distributor!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the updates.

My concern is,

-- We are happy that there are so many demo/snip examples to start with.

-- But Documents given under Doc section are just overview and API reference.

-- But when we struck with issues its difficult to resolve without any support/documentation.

Example: we faced following issue for one of the example.

When we built and ran snip/bt_rfcomm/server , Wiced Server is getting detected in my smart phone.

we got following URAT logs:

=================================================

Starting WICED Bluetooth

Bluetooth MAC Address : FC:4D:D4:ED:0D:30

Bluetooth Firmware    : BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0487.0000_Generic_UART_Class2_20MHz_WICED.hcd

Waiting for incoming connection ...

=================================================

But when we pair the wiced server in my smartphore, pair is successful but not getting any logs in UART. Its still in "Waiting for incoming connection ..."

Please help us in resolving this issue?

Regards,

shankar

seyhan abuch vik86

0 Likes

Is there have any Apps on your phone enable BT RFCOMM  profile ?

We have test it on two device one run snip/rfcomm/server and  another run snip/rfcomm/client!

If you did not have two device, then you could try make rfcomm connection via PC with BT!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can some one help me in connecting BCM9WCDPLUS114 board to wiced sense board. When i run smart bridge application i am able to scan for wiced sense pheripheral, but unable to connect,

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi,

Are you running the smart bridge application with no modifications? The WICED Sense device powers off pretty quickly when it's not connected to anything. Make sure the Sense is still on (blinking red) before clicking connect on the smart bridge website. Once you have the smart bridge website open, you have to do the process of the following pretty quickly.

1. Turn on WICED Sense

2. Scan for devices on smart bridge website

3. Click Connect to WICED Sense on website

Try out the faster timing and let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jaeyoung

Thanks for your response.

I am not doing any modification to smart bridge example code which is provided. All the steps you told above i have tried, still i am facing same issue. When i press connect button in website, it will try to connect to wiced sense for few seconds, later buzzer will beep in wiced sense, and in website it shows not connected.

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi,

The beep indicates that it made a connection. It sounds like the battery might be low so it might connect and then the connection would drop immediately. Could you try changing the battery or trying another BLE device?

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes

Take a look at this blog: WICED Smart Forums

abuch may be able to help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have tried to duplicate your problem several times but I did not get it.  A suggestion I do have however, is if you could change your timeout to be 10 seconds instead of 3.

pastedImage_0.png

This will simply just allow more time for the master (smartbridge board) to detect an advertisement from the servant ( wiced sense) for pairing.

Also, while pairing please ensure that the red LED is lit while hitting the scan button. That may help solve the problem. If the red LED is not lit then press the wake button. If the problem persists then you may need to change your coin cell battery. Once connected, you should hear a beep.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Arsh Buch

0 Likes