Problem in running the snip.scan app on WICED IDE SDK 2.4.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings,

I am using an evaluation board with the Murata SN8200. I want to run the snip.scan application. I have renamed the file on the make target tab to snip.scan-BCM943362WCD2-debug download because the SN8200 uses the BCM943362WCD2 platform. When I am debugging the application i am getting the following Error:

No source available for "_tx_thread_system_return() at 0x...."

The problem is in the wiced_management_wifi_on() function. To be more specific the program crushes when it tries to successful run the wiced_bus_init() function wich is within the wiced_management_wifi_on(). The debugger is not easy to follow, so i do not understand at which point of the wiced_bus_init() function, the error pops up. I have changed the country code to Ireland as well because it was USA.

Best Regards,

Asterios

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Asterios,

BCM943362WCD2 platform is designed to work with BCM943362WCD2 eval board. It partially works with SN8200 because it probably has STM32F1xx series MCU built-in as well. I suggest you contact Murata to get the exact details and platform files for SN8200.

Regards,

Aji

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Asterios,

_tx_thread_system_return() function is a ThreadX function and ThreadX is delivered in library format only, which is why the IDE can't find the source file.

When you run the debugger, does it break/halt? If it does, you should look for and expand the thread that is ready. It normally shows as 'Thread xxxxxxxxx (app_thread::Ready) (Suspended::Breakpoint). Expanding the call tree and double clicking on the topmost function will take you to the code where it breaks.

Aji

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings Aji,

Thank you very much for the advice. I have tried to track down the Fault and i noticed that i get a WICED_TIMEOUT from the host_platform_sdio_enumerate() function. The comments of this function say that if you get a timeout maybe the platform that you are using does not correpond to the actual hardware. However, I use the BCM943362WCD2 platform which is the correct one for the SN8200 Murata module. This is what I read on another thread in this forum at least, and it is the only platform that gives me output to the UART.

Best Regards,

Asterios

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Asterios,

BCM943362WCD2 platform is designed to work with BCM943362WCD2 eval board. It partially works with SN8200 because it probably has STM32F1xx series MCU built-in as well. I suggest you contact Murata to get the exact details and platform files for SN8200.

Regards,

Aji

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings Aji,

Thank you very much. I came in touch with Murata. In order for the WICED IDE to be able to work properly with the SN8200 module, I had to register the module on Murata's website, log in to their forums with a password that they sent me, and download a patch which I had to apply on the IDE.

Best Regards,

Asterios

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear you got it working.

Thanks for letting us know.