Platform - BCM94390WCD2, "Debug regions are unpowered" in OpenOCD ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NeilCheng
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First like given 25 sign-ins

Hi,

I used BCM94390WCD2 platform to create a new project via WICED SDK 3.7.0 which contained the new OpenOCD release (v0.10.0-dev-00222-g43cdc13-dirty) in it.

When i executed the OpenOCD daemon, the OpenOCD returns an ERROR message - "Debug regions are unpowered, an unexpected reset might have happened" in the console and then try to reexamine it again.

I checked the ERROR in the detail debug messages, and found the "SSTICKYERR" bit has been set in the DP's CTRL/STAT register within "jtagdp_transaction_endcheck()" API. Changed the JTAG adapter speed did not help to fix this kind of error.

Is there anything we can do in "BCM439x.cfg" to remove such error messages?

Thanks for your help!

Following shows the full console logging messages:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0-dev-00222-g43cdc13-dirty (2016-04-07-11:11)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag'

trst_and_srst separate srst_nogate trst_push_pull srst_push_pull connect_assert_srst

adapter speed: 100 kHz

adapter_nsrst_delay: 100

jtag_ntrst_delay: 100

trst_and_srst separate srst_nogate trst_push_pull srst_push_pull connect_assert_srst

trst_and_srst separate srst_gates_jtag trst_push_pull srst_push_pull connect_deassert_srst

jtag_init

post_init_43909_setup

Warn : Using DEPRECATED interface driver 'ft2232'

Info : Consider using the 'ftdi' interface driver, with configuration files in interface/ftdi/...

Info : max TCK change to: 30000 kHz

Info : clock speed 100 kHz

Info : JTAG tap: BCM439x.cpu tap/device found: 0x4ba00477 (mfg: 0x23b, part: 0xba00, ver: 0x4)

Info : BCM439x.cpu: hardware has 6 breakpoints, 4 watchpoints

Error: Debug regions are unpowered, an unexpected reset might have happened

Polling target BCM439x.cpu failed, trying to reexamine

trst_only separate trst_push_pull

Info : JTAG tap: BCM439x.cpu tap/device found: 0x4ba00477 (mfg: 0x23b, part: 0xba00, ver: 0x4)

Warn : Only resetting the Cortex-M core, use a reset-init event handler to reset any peripherals or configure hardware srst support.

Error: Debug regions are unpowered, an unexpected reset might have happened

Polling target BCM439x.cpu failed, trying to reexamine

5 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

ncheng

4390 is not supported on the forum. Can you send me an email on this issue?

Send a PM through the forum and I will provide my email address.

0 Likes

I hit exactly the same error.

I had sent you private message but got no response.

0 Likes

I received your message and we are still investigating. I will reply once I have an update. 

0 Likes

I don't get any update so far. What's the progress?

0 Likes

Unfortunately at this moment in time the engineering core team has higher priority items on their list to resolve and this issue will be looked at as and when they have the resources. If any of our customers encounter this issue with this part in their development, they can always come back here and we will investigate them on a case by case.

0 Likes