OTA2 missing from DCT_section_offsets

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not working on OTA2, but in the process of trying to get out classic OTA system to work on WICED 3.5.2, I discovered what appears to be a bug in OTA2. I noticed a possible problem that might affect OTA2. There is a small section at the end of the DCT for stuff like a reboot counter for OTA2. The enumeration in WICED\platform\MCU\wiced_dct_common.h has the extra section at the end, but WICED\platform\MCU\wiced_dct_internal_common.h does not have that section in the definition of the DCT_section_offsets[] array. That array is used to get the location of a section of the DCT in order to read the contents. Is this a bug in OTA2?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I meant is that currently OTA2 is not supported for platforms where the DCT is stored internally i.e. in the internal MCU flash like for example the STM32F4 family. Currently OTA2 is only tested and supported on devices with DCT stored in external SFLASH like the 4390 or the 4390x family of devices

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies