Not seeing beacons at 1Mbps rate on CYW43907

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4676541
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

I have a device that I'm testing against, which is broadcasting beacons at 1Mbps, and my application on CYW43907 is not receiving them. It's capturing beacons from all other sources that I've tried just fine, but capturing these in Wireshark, I can see that they're all transmitted at 6Mbps. The device I'm missing also shows up when I sniff it - so it does broadcast 🙂

I suspect that maybe my application is not setting up the chip to use 802.11b rates, but I can't figure out how to do this.

I've found APIs to enable/disable 802.11n, but nothing for b.

I experimented with wwd_wifi_set_legacy_rate(WWD_STA_INTERFACE, 2), but it didn't make a difference - and other posts in the forum indicate that this may be AP only.

Any suggestions? Both on how to check the current supported rates in my app, and how to change them.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks Rakesh.

It turns out the rate had nothing to do with my problem - the fact that only the 1Mbps device was failing was coincidental.

The real problem was that the device's beacon period was >1s, and my scan pattern was set up so it took a very long time before I happened to match the channel and timing of it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @user_4676541 ,

You can use the below wl command to setup 1mbps data rate.

wl 2g_rate -r 1

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes

Thanks Rakesh.

It turns out the rate had nothing to do with my problem - the fact that only the 1Mbps device was failing was coincidental.

The real problem was that the device's beacon period was >1s, and my scan pattern was set up so it took a very long time before I happened to match the channel and timing of it.

0 Likes