NoOS-NoNS compilation failing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BaT_3785171
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I have installed WICED-Studio-6.2.1.2-IDE

In 43xxx_Wi-Fi project I am compiling using following command

snip.scan-MurataType1LD-NoOS-NoNS

I am getting compiler error:

make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target 'WICED/RTOS/NoOS/WICED/rtos.c', needed by 'build/snip.scan-MurataType1LD-NoOS-NoNS/Modules/WICED/RTOS/NoOS/WICED/rtos.o'.  Stop.

How to fix this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

In that case, please start to look at the wwd applications to start your porting effort. I would recommend to start this effort from 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/wwd/canned_send. But as Tom said and I reiterate, the wwd NoOS-NoNS application is only tested on 43362 platform and only works for canned_send example. You have to work your way around the SDK to try and make that work for 1LD

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Has Murata provided you the platform files for the Type 1LD?

inoue_tomohiro_1742091

0 Likes

Yes.Murata provided the platform files for the Type 1LD.

0 Likes

If you check the wwd applications as listed in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/wwd, you will be able to find that canned_send example is supposed to work in NoOS-NoNS combination but that example is exclusive for BCM943362WCD4 platform. If you need to add support for 1LD, you need to put some effort in porting the memory organization in WICED. Is there any particular reason that you want to port the scan application for NoOS-NoNS combination since this is not at all straightforward to handle all the packets sent and received without having dedicated packet processing.

0 Likes

It seems You asked the right question that Is there any particular reason that you want to port the scan application for NoOS-NoNS combination  ?

I am working on a project which is already having FreeRTOS and LwIP.
So,I am interested in using WICED wi-fi drivers to its full potential (without OS and network stack provided by WICED).
To start with I have selected to run the scan application with NoOS-NoNS combination.

0 Likes

In that case, please start to look at the wwd applications to start your porting effort. I would recommend to start this effort from 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/wwd/canned_send. But as Tom said and I reiterate, the wwd NoOS-NoNS application is only tested on 43362 platform and only works for canned_send example. You have to work your way around the SDK to try and make that work for 1LD

ToIn_1742091
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored First solution authored

I have checked similar implementation from Cypress and it also fails to build, so I think Cypress does not support NoOS configuration for wifi functionality and it is only for bootloader.

I have tried this make target:

snip.scan-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB-NoOS-NoNS

0 Likes