No GATT_CONNECTION_STATUS_EVT when connection went down

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoHe_4370821
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I'm using 4343W with WICED Studio SDK Version: Wiced_006.004.000.0061

During an overnight automated test, I found one occurrence of the BLE connection going down but the GATT callback did not get called with a GATT_CONNECTION_STATUS_EVT event. Is this known to be something that will happen occasionally? I had expected the GATT_CONNECTION_STATUS_EVT to always be called when a connection event occurs.

I can cover the lack of the connection-down event with an application timer, should this be necessary.

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

GATT_CONNECTION_STATUS_EVT  event is expected to be generated by the stack (usually) when a connection is made or broken. The event parameter tells you WICED_TRUE if connected, WICED_FALSE is connection broken.

If you observe occasional missing of the event, we may have to do further inspection about the issue.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

GATT_CONNECTION_STATUS_EVT  event is expected to be generated by the stack (usually) when a connection is made or broken. The event parameter tells you WICED_TRUE if connected, WICED_FALSE is connection broken.

If you observe occasional missing of the event, we may have to do further inspection about the issue.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj