'NetX DHCP Client' thread stack overflow

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VoAn_2766281
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

WICED 6.6, ThreadX+NetX_Duo debug build. Platform: ISM4343_WBM_L151.

I am getting ThreadX stack overflow in NetX DHCP Client thread after some time. It looks like this time depends on DHCP lease time setting on my router.

Anyone knows how to increase DHCP client thread stack size ?

I tried to change NX_DHCP_THREAD_STACK_SIZE to 4096 in WICED/network/NetX_Duo/ver5.12/nx_user.h but actual stack size does not change.

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 10.34.55.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hello,

Which sample application are you using? If you have written your own application, then please attach the code to reproduce the same issue on our side.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

I am using my own app, but I cannot attach its code here. Basically it does the following:

wiced_init();

wiced_network_up(WICED_STA_INTERFACE, WICED_USE_EXTERNAL_DHCP_SERVER, NULL);

Anyway - how to change DHCP Client thread stack size ?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hello,

I see that the stack overflow is happening in the bring up of the network. Bringing up of the network is a common step.

First of all, before increasing the DHCP stack size, I would like you to do a simple test and update us with the results-->

Can you write a new application with just two APIs wiced_init() and wiced_network_up()  and then can check whether stack overflow happens or not?

I have attached the snapshot of the terminal and the code for your reference.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes