Migrate WICED project to MODUSTOOLBOX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaFa_974161
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Hello.

I've developed a project for CYW954907AEVAL1F with WICED.

I want to migrate this project from WICED to MODUSTOOLBOX because I believe to understant in some threads that MODUSTOOLBOX has NetX-Duo library more updated than WICED.

Can someone help me ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Is it possible to check your custom-developed example with the FreeRTOS+LwIP combination in WICED? WICED supports this combination as well as the default combination. For ex: snip.scan example can work with both of these combinations. It's just that for the FreeRTOS+lwIP combination, you've to specify in the make target.

<application>-<target_board>-FreeRTOS-LwIP download run

If you see the same issue of delay happening with this combination then it's not related to NetX_Duo+ThreadX.

With regards to WICED future support, I don't have a firm answer on this. I've to confirm this internally. I'll get back to you on this.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

May I know which project is this? Is it a snip application or a custom-developed?

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
MaFa_974161
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

I developed a custom project on a new product that we are planning to release on the market.

Do you suggest to review the project by switching from WICED to Modus Toolbox?

Are you planning to stop WICED support in the future ?

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

I would suggest reviewing the project in Modus Toolbox but MODUS currently supports lwIP+FreeRTOS combination only. You will have to port the NetX_Duo network stack and the ThreadX RTOS in MODUS to use this combination.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

OK ...

but Infineon is planning to stop WICED support  and is going to develop only on Modus Toolbox ?

Porting my project from NetX_Duo ThreadX to LwIP Free RTOS is expensive and require  a lot of time that we haven't 

My project send UDP packets on a Tablet and act as a server in a specific TCP port.

In some tablets I notice a lot of UDP packets lost and big delay on TCP packets.

Is it a problem related to NetX_Duo ThreadX ?

Do you know if LwIP Free RTOS has this problem ?

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Is it possible to check your custom-developed example with the FreeRTOS+LwIP combination in WICED? WICED supports this combination as well as the default combination. For ex: snip.scan example can work with both of these combinations. It's just that for the FreeRTOS+lwIP combination, you've to specify in the make target.

<application>-<target_board>-FreeRTOS-LwIP download run

If you see the same issue of delay happening with this combination then it's not related to NetX_Duo+ThreadX.

With regards to WICED future support, I don't have a firm answer on this. I've to confirm this internally. I'll get back to you on this.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes